Director of Communications. Experienced program/project manager, public speaker, and generalist.
Strategic, well-connected director with 22+ years’ strong leadership in organizational/program strategy, strategic transitions, change management, business development, marketing communications, collaborative regional/global partnerships, and fundraising. A results-oriented executive with a strong background in program and project management, having funded and managed over $2M in special projects and partner initiatives. Recognized for collaborative leadership style, proactive approach, and keen ability to effectively translate complex operational concepts into tangible action plans. A proven leader with a strong yet relatable executive presence, capable of blending big-picture viewpoints with tactical considerations to inspire, build trust, and achieve record growth.
PROJECT & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Facility Renovation Projects: Project Manager and executive team member for $1.85M in multi-phase, major facilities renovations, technical system upgrades, and various construction projects.
- Capital Campaign & Funding Projects: 15 years individual donor and capital campaign fundraising and marketing, raising $1.5M for facility renovations and $1.2M for local/global outreach initiatives.
- Annual Community Outreach Programs: Founded and directed the Serve the Burgh program in 2014 with 400 volunteers and 32 projects and grew it to 980 volunteers, 65 projects, 40 volunteer project leaders, and a cross functional team consisting of 5 staff members.
- Ongoing Arts Program Development: Tripled creative arts programs to 10 programs, doubled the total number of volunteer artists & technicians, and coordinated 2 full-time arts department staff.
- Ongoing Community Program Development: Founded and directed the first community outreach program in 2006, increasing it to 9 unique outreach programs with over 1,000 volunteers, program leaders, and cross functional staff members combined.